Are you looking to buy a Blu-ray player in the UK?
We've combined the owner rating scores from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco to calculate a Top 5 of the highest scoring models for you to consider.
We ranked the rating scores of around 85 different models.
This report will show you five established, reliable Blu-ray players, performing as owners expect. These unbiased recommendations are based on owner rating scores, which are also shared with you.
Our ratings-driven view of the market often highlights unexpected models for sale. It can also steer you away from a 'bestseller' - if owner ratings suggest poor performance.
Ratings in this report start at 4.3 stars
Prices range from £49 to £99
How does it work?
We begin by building a list of Blu-ray players with more than 50 ratings. This jumps straight to established products. We see how they've actually performed, according to many owners.
We remove any Blu-ray players with less than a 4 star rating. We now have a list of the higher rated models, with a credible amount of opinion.
After sorting the product list by ratings, we publish this Top 5.
The Best Blu-ray Players 2015
Total Ratings = Combined ratings from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco on February 16th 2015. Report only considered products with more than 50 verified reviews with ratings over 4 stars. View all rating scores here.
You can re-sort this Top 5 - it's currently sorting from the highest rated.
Below are links out to UK stores selling these top rated Blu-ray players. There you can learn more about product features, and find today's best prices.
The Sony BDPS1200 Blu-ray Player
- Plays Blu-rays, DVDs and CDs
- Plug-in to play movies via USB in MKV, MP4, XVID and more
- Super quick start
- “It’s a decent player with a great low price“
- Access to YouTube, Video Unlimited, Netflix, Lovefilm iPlayer and more
The Samsung BD-H6500 Blu-ray Player
- “Excellent picture quality both in Blu-Ray and upscaled DVDs”
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Sync and stream content to other devices
- Samsung’s Smart Hub
- Access Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer and ITV player
The Panasonic DMP-BD81EB-K Blu-ray Player
- “Picture and sound quality are excellent”
- External HDD Playback
- FLAC Compatibility
- “Great value and a lovely small footprint”
- Streams Facebook, Picasa, BBC player, YouTube and Netflix
The LG BP325 Blu-ray Player
- Normal and 3D Blu ray Disc playback
- Plays content from external drives, including MKV files
- Quiet, easy to set up, “Well worth the money”
- LG Smart – Connect to the internet via the in-built Ethernet port and access Picasa, YouTube and AccuWeather apps
The Samsung BD-F5100 Blu-ray Player
- Plays Blu-rays and upscales DVDs
- Allshare (DNLA ) – connects and share with all your devices
- Accesses movies and photos on USB sticks
- Directly connect and sync external hard drives
- Fast loading and booting