Are you looking to buy a Blu-ray player in the UK?
We've combined the owner rating scores from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco to calculate a Top 5 of the highest scoring products for you to consider.
We ranked the rating scores of around 85 different models.
This report will show you five established, reliable Blu-ray players, performing as owners expect. These unbiased recommendations are based on owner rating scores, which are also shared with you.
Our ratings-driven view of the market often highlights unexpected models for sale. It can also steer you away from a 'bestseller' - if owner ratings suggest poor performance.
Ratings in this report start at 4.3 stars
Prices range from £49 to £99
How does it work?
We begin by building a list of Blu-ray players with more than 50 ratings at Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco. This jumps straight to the established products, and the rating scores reveal how they've actually performed, according to numerous owners.
We then remove the Blu-ray players with less than 4 stars. We now have a list of the higher rated models, with a credible amount of opinion. We use the same criteria for all our consumer reports: each product must have over 50 reviews and more than 4 stars.
After sorting the list by ratings, we compile the following Top 5.
The Best Blu-ray Players 2015
Total Ratings = Combined ratings from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco on February 16th 2015. Report only considers products with more than 50 verified reviews with rating over 4 stars. View all rating scores here.
You can re-sort this Top 5 - it's currently sorting from the highest rated.
Below are links out to UK stores selling these top rated Blu-ray players. There you can learn more about product features, and find today's best prices.
The Sony BDPS1200 Blu-ray Player
- Plays Blu-rays, DVDs and CDs
- Plug-in to play movies via USB in MKV, MP4, XVID and more
- Super quick start
- “It’s a decent player with a great low price“
- Access to YouTube, Video Unlimited, Netflix, Lovefilm iPlayer and more
The Samsung BD-H6500 Blu-ray Player
- “Excellent picture quality both in Blu-Ray and upscaled DVDs”
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Sync and stream content to other devices
- Samsung’s Smart Hub
- Access Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer and ITV player
The Panasonic DMP-BD81EB-K Blu-ray Player
- “Picture and sound quality are excellent”
- External HDD Playback
- FLAC Compatibility
- “Great value and a lovely small footprint”
- Streams Facebook, Picasa, BBC player, YouTube and Netflix
The LG BP325 Blu-ray Player
- Normal and 3D Blu ray Disc playback
- Plays content from external drives, including MKV files
- Quiet, easy to set up, “Well worth the money”
- LG Smart – Connect to the internet via the in-built Ethernet port and access Picasa, YouTube and AccuWeather apps
The Samsung BD-F5100 Blu-ray Player
- Plays Blu-rays and upscales DVDs
- Allshare (DNLA ) – connects and share with all your devices
- Accesses movies and photos on USB sticks
- Directly connect and sync external hard drives
- Fast loading and booting