Are you looking to buy a coffee machine in the UK?
We've combined the owner rating scores from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco to calculate a Top 5 of the highest scoring products for you to consider.
This report shows you five established, reliable coffee machines, performing as owners expect. Our unbiased recommendations are based on combined owner rating scores, which we also share with you.
This ratings-driven view of the market often highlights unexpected models for sale. It can also steer you away from a 'bestseller' - if the owner ratings reveal poor performance.
How does it work?
We begin by building a list of coffee machines with more than 50 ratings at Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco. This jumps straight to the established products, and the rating scores reveal how they've actually performed, according to numerous owners.
We then remove the coffee machines with less than 4 stars. We now have a list of the higher rated models, with a credible amount of opinion.
We use the same criteria for all our consumer reports: each product must have over 50 reviews and more than 4 stars. After sorting the list by ratings, we compile this Top 5.
The Best Coffee Machines 2019
Total Ratings = Combined ratings from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco on October 26th 2016. Report only considers products with more than 50 verified reviews. View all rating scores here.
You can re-sort this Top 5 - it's currently sorting from the highest rated.
Below are links out to UK stores selling these top rated coffee machines. There you can learn more about product features, and find today's best prices.
The Krups Pixie
- Compact Design
- Fast Heating Time
- One Touch Controls
- High Pressure
- “Great product, exactly what I expected and it does what I need to do to a very high quality.“
The Dolce Gusto Melody 3 by De’Longhi
- 1.3 Litre Capacity
- Fast Heating
- LED Light
- 2 Year Guarantee
- “Brilliant machine, coffee has never tasted so good and so simple to make. Highly recommended.“
The Krups CitiZ+
- Fitted with a Milk Frother
- Integrated Aeroccino
- Easy Clean
- Energy Saving
- “The milk frother is great for lattes and cappuccino, very easy to clean.“
The Tassimo Joy T45
- 1.4 Litre Capacity
- Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Ristretto, Latte Macchiato
- Brita Filter Technology
- Two Year Guarantee
- “This is the second Tassimo I have had, compared to my first one which I bought many years ago the new joy is so much quieter and the Brita filter is a bonus.”
The Magimix Inissia+
- Comes with an Aeroccino
- Fast Heating System
- Compact Design
- “Bought this as it was recommended by a friend. Excellent machine, easy to use and delicious coffee.“