Are you looking to buy a fryer in the UK?
We've combined product ratings from Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco and created a Top 5 for you to consider.
We discovered around 180 different models for sale at these trusted shops.
This report will show you established and reliable fryers, performing as expected. All based on owner rating scores.
This ratings-driven view of the market often highlights unexpected models for sale. It can also steer you away from a 'bestseller' - if ratings suggest poor performance.
Ratings in the Top 5 begin at 4.5 stars
Prices range from £20 to £150
How does it work?
We begin by building a list of fryers with more than 50 ratings. This jumps straight to established products. We can see how they've actually performed over time, according to owners.
We remove any fryers with less than a 4 star rating. We now have a list of the higher rated models, with a credible amount of opinion.
After sorting the product list by ratings, we publish this Top 5.
The Best Fryers 2016
Total Ratings = The combined number of ratings found at Amazon UK, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco on July 18th 2016. View rating scores from each shop here. Our report criteria only considers products with more than 50 owner reviews with rating scores above 4 stars.
You can re-sort this Top 5 - it's currently sorting from the highest rated.
Below are links out to UK stores selling these top rated fryers. There you can learn more about product features, and find today's best prices.
The Tefal Actifry 1Kg Health Fryer
- Paddle Automatically Rotates Food
- Automatic Lid Remembers to Restart Timer
- Digital Timer
- “Could not live without it now. A wonderful piece of equipment.“
The VonShef Compact 1.5L Fryer
- 1.5 L Capacity Deep Fat Fryer
- Thermostatic Temperature Control
- Viewing Window
- Low Priced Fryer
- “Very pleased with my new deep fat fryer. Ideal for 2 persons.“
The Philips HD9220/20 Fryer
- Fully-Adjustable Temperature Control
- Use up to 80% Less Fat Than a Conventional Fryer
- Integrated Timer to Pre-Set Cooking Times
- Recipe Book
- “Fantastic. I use it to cook chicken, beef, heat up pizza etc.”
The Tefal ActiFry 1Kg Health Fryer
- Uses Little or No Oil
- Easy to Clean with Automatic Stirring
- Versatile. Cook Curries, Stir-Fry, Casseroles and More
- “Very happy with this product. I would recommend this to anyone who does not like washing up it takes very little cleaning as it uses so little oil.“
The Breville Halo Plus Fryer
- Tilt Function and Non-Stick Rotating Bowl
- 75 Minute Digital Timer
- Half Teaspoon Oil per 1Kg of Chips
- “Nice and quiet, does oven cook chips a treat and is easy to clean.“